Thursday, December 8, 2011

Yoga


Cubicle Yule!
At this new job, yoga is offered for free to employees three times a week during the lunch hour.  I try to get there every Tuesday and Thursday.  We have the best instructor in the world: Susan is knowledgeable, adept, patient, kind, smiley and a real cutey. 

Today, as I did not get a good night's sleep and some challenges are getting to me, I almost convinced myself not to go to yoga but then something inside me propelled me toward the change room and the next thing I knew, I was on my mat with my eyes closed, waiting for the session to begin.

Susan, being who she is, saw that my energy was flagging and she came up to me to ask me about it.  She gave me a pep talk and then led the class through a series of long-held poses to release tension in the body (and in the mind). 

At the end of the 55 minutes, I was feeling calmer, less anxious and a whole lot more positive about the afternoon ahead of me. My husband V. has often told me that when it's time to exercise, not to think about it but just do it without thinking. This is what he was talking about.  Thinking leaves the door open for the ego to step in and make it's presence felt.  I'm grateful for this small grace.

God bless Sue, V. and yoga!

Bon après-midi,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...