Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Posse

Wherever I have worked, and I have had four different jobs in education:  teaching in High School, working as the Director of Practicum at the University as a consultant at the school board level and now, at the government level, I have always had my posse.

What is a posse? It's your crew, your hommies, a group of friends, people who have your back.  This year is not an exception.  I am grateful to these women who, like me started a new position here this year and with me, are learning the ins and outs of our new positions, of the new context and are doing it, happily, together.

We keep ourselves informed, we remind each other of events coming up, we save places at a meeting, we make our way through the maze of offices to find the spot where we are meant to be, we go for coffee breaks on Mondays, give and get Friday hugs and listen to each other during times of difficulty.

For these women I am grateful, they make my day brighter, they make me happy to come to work and they help me keep everything in perspective.  Oh! and we do yoga together!

God Bless my Posse

Bonne journée,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...