Monday, December 5, 2011

On The Needles

I have been knitting on and off (mostly off) for the past 30+ years.  Only lately have I begun to knit more regularly.  I still stick to easy patterns as I find I easily get muddled and have to start over a million times because I don't know the tricks to undoing my work cleverly so as not to have to rip everything out.

I am knitting my fourth Light and Lacy Poncho.  When someone in my reading circle has a significant birthday (I won't tell you which one), they get a poncho from me.  This poncho is light and somewhat lacy but the most interesting feature is the yarn with which it is made.  Bernat Matrix is no longer made,  so I have to get it off of ebay or Ravelry.  There are many neat colors and the names are all related to technological language:  Radius Red, Copper Wire, Silver Server, and so on.

It's not the most exciting knitting but it makes my friends happy and it's a really cute piece, fun to wear over anything black.  One of my friends wears it over a black dress and it's just right for an evening out. 

Will try to post a pic with the lucky recipient!

Bonne journée!

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...