Sunday, December 18, 2011

We Did It!

 Here it is in all it's beauty.  The most beautiful thing about it is that it was done by the four of us.  My two boys have never been so patient in indulging me.  D. even made the hot chocolate.  Decorating this tree is quite an event as every ornament has a story.  It comes from somewhere or someone special, sometimes both.

Like the tiny sweaters my Mom knitted with our initials on them or the hearts that I favour and collect wherever I can find them, or the first ornament I bought when I was pregnant for T...

The collection dates back to 1980 when, on my first trip to Europe, I bought ornaments in Germany.  I have bought them every year since then but stopped in 2010 judging that the boys had enough to decorate their own tree.

Christmas ornaments tell a story about the owner and about the giver but most of all, they speak about the love that people feel for one another in a family unit.  Every Christmas, they allow us to reflect on this as we hang each ornament with care, in it's proper place on the tree.

My cup runneth over.  My favorite pre-Christmas music is playing and we are enjoying a moment in time, savouring it, capturing it to replay when needs must. 

Life is good.

Bonne soirée,

Stella

1 comment:

labergerebasque said...

Your Christmas tree is stunning, warm, welcoming and not OVER THE TOP!

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...