Friday, December 2, 2011

Cubicle Detail


A few months ago, my dear friend Lucille was attending a conference in Greece.  Naturally, she did a little touring while she was there and when she came back, she gave every member of our reading circle a postcard from the Acropolis Museum.  I chose this stunning back view of a caryatid of Athena, goddess of wisdom.  As I would be starting a new job at the end of August, it would hold a place of honor in my workspace to remind me to be wise in my work and in my life in general.  This beautiful sculpture comes from a series that is on exhibition in the museum.  Click here to see where she lives.  Here is where she used to live.  You will see her compatriots if you ever visit the Acropolis. It's called the Porch of the Maidens. 



Dear reader, yesterday, I wished you joy. Today, I wish you wisdom to follow a path of health, of peace and well-being.

Bon weekend!

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...