Sunday, April 7, 2013

Last Night I Slept in my Bed

We are back and although tired from the trip and the nine hour wait between flights in Phoenix, we have unpacked our bags and begun to face the new week that is beginning.

We left Mexico at a balmy 30 degrees at 11 am and arrived here to wet snow and gloom.  It WAS one in the morning!  V. has been going on and on about how our weather up here is horrible and how long we have been in winter.  To me, I was home again and happy to be back.  This is where I was born, this is where I live, love, work, this is where the most comfortable bed in the world exists.  MY bed.

My Mom used to say that when I was small, she never had to coax me to bed.  I would go willingly and as an adult, I still like to go to bed at night.  I'm just made that way.  I need the recharge, crave it, love it.  My host E. says she doesn't like to sleep.  Finds it a waste of time.  She goes to bed looking forward to what she'll be able to do the next day.  I must say, it's never been that way for me.

Anyhow, I'm home and am now officially allowed (by myself of course) to start counting down on my calender at work.  Each day, I will tick off one more day to June 28th, my last day of full-time work.

I know that April will go by quickly because it's the month that my son is coming home for 8 days and it's the month where we will drive him and his dad to the airport.  One heading to Chicago to pursue his studies and the other to our little haven in the south of France for a little work and a little holiday.  Then before I know it, it will be May. 

But just for tonight, I will snuggle down to the comfort of my nest bed, read, knit, answer emails and be grateful for the life that I have here, in Alberta in the cold, wet and the persistently white landscape that I call home.

Bonsoir, bonne nuit,

Stella


No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...