Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Night Before

It's getting close to bedtime for me and the furniture delivery people aren't here yet.  V. is patiently waiting in the bare living room and I am sitting in bed writing this.

It's been a hectic couple of days but it's the calm before the storm this evening.  Tomorrow, I just have to tweak the house and put everything out. Oh! and I have to sweep the leaves from the front entrance although, I kind of like the pretty rust and yellow leaves laying artfully here and there.  They soften the concrete and make it feel like Fall.

Happily, I've just received a lovely book that I ordered from The Book Depository.  I'm loving the photography and the vision of the author, Kathryn Ireland, a textile and design artist. This book reminds me of the movie Please Don't Eat the Daisies (1960) with Doris Day.  Do you remember this film?  I love stories about buying old dilapidated houses and bringing them back to life.

If you get a chance, watch it.  I did about six months ago and I enjoyed it almost as much as the first time I saw it on TV as a little girl.  There is something about seeing a house and recognizing it on sight as your future home.  That is what happened to Kathryn Ireland, to Kay McKay and to me, when I saw our apartment in Provence for the first time.

If you listen to your gut, it will tell you who to trust, what to do and where home is.

The delivery men are here!

Bonsoir,
Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...