Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good Read in a Storm

I got back late Saturday night.  Most of Sunday, I was in a daze then Monday, I had to fly to Calgary for work and got back at 8pm.  Tuesday, I got home at 6:30 and I have a massive report to submit tonight.  Tomorrow, I have my French reading circle for L'élégance du hérisson (see side bar) and Saturday afternoon, I'm making place mats with D. my sister.  Next week, I have my English reading circle and dinner with a friend.

Characteristically, I have nothing going on for a long while and then Whump!  I am whirling dervish for a fortnight (don't you love this particularly British expression?)

Anyhooooooo, just to keep my sanity, I inhaled a Gothic novel by Rose Tremain called:  Tresspass.  What a fantastic read!  The book is only 255 pages but it contains a lot of character development and suspense, not to mention that it is set in the south of France.  It's all intrigue and antiques and gardens and a lovely Mas.

Whether you are experiencing active weather or are aflutter with too much activity, I highly recommend Trespass for a keep-you-on-the-edge-of-your-New-Farmhouse Style-chair (above) read.

Bonsoir,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...