Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Don't Worry, Be Happy



 At work today, one of my bosses told me that a few crazy hard weeks are coming up and that it's going to be trying and exhausting.  That this, this, this and that have to be done before this time and that I should be ready, etc., etc.

I answered in a courteous, professional manner and took note of the long To Do list. Then, I went back to my cutebicle cubicle and sat myself down to work on the task at hand.  I told myself, I said:  "Self, don't worry about what is coming.  Deal with what you must right now, make a list, check it twice daily and move along."

I love inner dialogue, don't you?

On another note... Last night I hosted my French reading circle for supper.  It was a soup supper because:

  1. soup is the ultimate comfort food.
  2. soup is easier to prepare than a regular meal with protein, veggies cooked and raw and potato or rice.
  3. after a day's work on a MONDAY, I need major comforting too.
On the menu were the Barefoot Contessa's Lentil and Sausage Soup and her Butternut Squash and Apple Soup.  For sides, I went to Cob's and bought a bevy of breads with savory filling.  For afters, strawberries dipped in Toblerone.

How fabuloso is that?

Bonsoir, beaux rêves!

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...