Tuesday, January 24, 2012

To Do Lists

Amy Butler checklist pad

Work stuff
I don't know if it's my age, the fact that I live in the Northwestern hemisphere or if it is both but if I want to get things done, I make a list.  Lists and list crossing are very satisfying and somehow move me from first to third gear.  All of a sudden, I'm focused, I am grouping tasks according to time or geography and I am so much more efficient than without them.

For example, I know that I have to order roll-up blinds for our new guestroom, have known for two weeks but haven't done it.  This morning, it was first on my list and I'm already trawling the Internet to find the best product/deal.

Of course, my To Do lists include more edifying or noble ways to pass my time such as:  read Le cahier rouge for Monday night or, make a date with V. in the next two weeks.  Whatever the task, writing it on a long piece of paper with little circles to check off helps me do what needs doing.  On weekends when I have a list of things to get accomplished before Monday morning usually see me be far more productive.

My friend Debbie gave me a check list pad as a gift and I use it for work and for home or personal tasks and I love it.  I am a collector of hand creams and I may add checklist pads to my collecting pleasures.  These are inexpensive and fun and just having them around reminds me it's time to make a list.

Bonne fin de journée,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...