Sarah Ban Breathnach who came up with the idea says: "If you seek, search and give thanks for five gifts every day, in two months you won’t look at your life in the same way as you do now."
Writing down these blessings every day help you become more conscious of what is really important in life. Isn't it so easy to get distracted and caught up in frustration and feelings of dissatisfaction? Well, with the gratitude journal, you can counter these and begin to see your glass as half full.
Today, January 10th 2012, I am grateful for:
1. The fact that winter has been MILD so far.
2. The fact that I have three winter coats to choose from depending on my needs, activities, mood.
3. My son is settled in Anguilla. He has a great roommate and apartment.
4. Finding a text message that said I was missed when I was home sick from work yesterday.
5. V. made me a cup of tea just now, without asking.
There now, doesn't that feel better?
Bonsoir, beaux rêves,
P.S. Although the journal featured above is no longer sold, copies may be found at Abe Books or Ebay but any notebook will do just the thing.