Monday, June 23, 2014

Qualify

This evening, we ate on the deck as we have been doing the last week or so.  It's a lovely conversation-rich time with my two men, V. and D. (our youngest son aged 22).  D. has been ill and stressed with school the last 6 weeks or so and has not quite been himself.  This evening, he was back.

Just for the fun of it, I asked D. what 5 words he would use to describe V. and  5 words for myself.  He began, and V. helped with my 5 qualifiers:
Creative
Expressive
Animated
Hard-working
Loving

Then we went on to our top 5 words to describe D.:

Authentic
Loyal
Objective
Balanced
Physical

V. had his turn too:

Humanitarian
Devoted
Easy-going
Patient
Dutiful

This little exercise was as rich as it was simple.  We all had to agree on the 5 words, including the person being described.  T. (our eldest son who is going to be 25 in September) arrives tomorrow night.  He will be getting his gift of 5 qualifiers too.

Passionate
Humorous
...

Try this with your loved-ones and friends.  It's very revealing and validating at the same time.

Love,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...