Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It's 6:30 and I'm cooking up an onion compote to go with the foie gras that we brought back from France.  It's going on a platter with smoked salmon bites for the party we are attending tonight at friends.
Every year at this time, I am always thinking I should be setting all kinds of intentions and I can't, that is until we are at Lucille and Emile's and it's time to write down what we hope to achieve/experience/change in the new year.  When I'm seated in a corner writing on whatever surface I can find, surrounded by people, then the ink flows.

I must not tell a lie.  I unconsciously set intentions all year for the next year, not really thinking about a list or about resolutions.

One item has been on my list for too long and I think that 2014 will be the year that I kick that one in  the ***.  Notice, I said item because although it was a desire, it wasn't backed up by real motivation.

I'm not telling now, that would jinx it.  I don't want to dilute this intention by sharing it.

There.

Are you setting intention for 2014 tonight?

In the meantime, lets say a little prayer for each other tonight...



Love,

Stella


1 comment:

New Year's twenty days later said...

intentions galore.
but most disappeared within the first waking hours.
Three kilos gained while back home.
cookies never again I said.

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...