Saturday, March 23, 2013

Grandmother's Quilt Update

This is what I (gulp) did...

I cut off the undamaged squares leaving at least 5/8 seam allowance.

Three large rectangles and a few squares for cushions.





Will show you what the finished product looks like before December 31st 2013.  This is a way of making sure that I do the deed before too long.  I think they would look fabulous with velvet backing in black, dark orange, oyster, or blue to match the fabric in the squares.

Besides cushions, what else could I do with these pieces?

Have a great weekend,

xo Stella

2 comments:

bgrtfl said...

Use it as a background for a memory shadow box for photos and remembrances/keepsakes of your dear Grandmother.

Make each of the boys a keepsake pillow!

Stella said...

What a great idea! Keepsake pillows for my two boys! Thank you!

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...