Sunday, August 12, 2012

We're Baaaack!

Bonjour Everyone!

The return trip, door to door to an whopping 24 hours!  We left our village at 3:30 am (8:30 MST) and got home from the airport at 8:30 pm MST. No wonder took me all of yesterday to get over it!

Even though I'd worn compression socks, my legs, ankles and feet were swollen and a Charley Horse woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me that my left leg muscle was seizing.  It lasted maybe a minute but man did it hurt!  Last time I had one, it was during my first pregnancy 23 years ago...  I have to change my flight plans in future.  Next time, we'll fly to Montréal for a direct flight to Marseille.  No more milk runs for me! As we live one hour away from Marseille, it should cut down our travel time by at least 5 or 6 hours.

On another more positive note, here is a picture of the new vintage table and chairs we bought for our apartment this summer.  Next year: knocking down the closet in the master bedroom and buying an armoire.
The aim is to replace most of the IKEA furniture that was in place when we bought the apartment. Some of it is worn, a lot of it outdated and a good part of it was not suitable for the space it was purchased for.  This part of owning an apartment in Provence is one of the most fun.

Our next trip is in about one year's time.  As I am retiring from full-time work at the end of June 2013, we are returning to Provence not in July but toward the end of August for about three months...

A thought to build a dream on!

À la prochaine,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...