Monday, August 13, 2012

Some people have a tooth fairy...

...I have a vegetable fairy.  My sister D. has just been over for a quick visit and look what she left behind.
Tonight we are having meat loaf and a "bouillie".  A bouillie is a mixture of fresh vegetables boiled together and then drained and served with a little butter, salt and pepper and parsley on top.  Our mother used to make this for us when vegetables from the garden were ready to eat.  My bouillie this evening will consist of new potatoes, carrots, half an onion peas and green beans.  Usually, a little cabbage thrown in gives a lot of flavour. Traditionally, salt pork is added or a piece of beef but I add a little vegetable or chicken bouillon in mine.

The toes are mine.  Leftover pedicure from France...

À la prochaine!

Stella

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

J'en veux! Bon appétit!

Tongue in Cheek said...

Lucky!!

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...