Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back to Work...


Me: painting the Juliet balcony in our bedroom this summer
 It's the beginning of a new year.  Like many educators, I feel like the end of August is the real beginning of a new year, not January 1st.
I am back to work this Friday.  It has been a glorious summer.  Great weather, travel, friends, a wedding, house projects begun...
My husband V. is leaving this Saturday to visit our son who is studying medicine in the Caribbean.  This is his retirement gift: one week with our boy whom we haven't seen since December 29, 2011.
I have started walking 30 minutes a day.  I am sliding into a weight loss project that will last at least a year.  I have 45 lbs to lose.  I had been mulling it over and Corey just propelled me forward with her invitation to do the same.
I am beginning my last year of full-time work.  This is a red-letter year and I intend to make it as good as it gets. I know that all kinds of not fun stuff will happen but I will just arrange the pieces I've been given to make the best of it.  This is an indirect quote from Wayne Dyer.  I saw the original on Pinterest but failed to pin it to my Well Said board (my iPad is great for all sorts of things but Pinterest and blogging are not among them).

What new year beginnings are you starting up soon?

Bisous,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...