Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kale Chips Part II

 I have written about this preferred delicious little snack here.  Today, I want to share some serious how to's with you.
Yesterday, my sister brought me a big bag of kale from her garden.  Today, tada! three batches of kale chips.  Here is how I went about it.

1. Wash twice, spins lots.
2. Cut spines off using scissors.
3. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, tear off into bite-size pieces.
4. Sprinkle 2 T of olive oil liberally over the kale.  Sprinkle 2T of balsamic vinegar.  Massage well with your hands until most surfaces are covered.
5. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste and bake at 300 degrees til crisp.
6. Serve to your lucky friends/family with a smile.

Note:  The use of Maggi is an experiment.  I also made a batch with Parmesan cheese.  Both of them are really really good.  I used the same amount of Maggi and Parmesan 2T, as I did for the balsamic vinegar. NO EXTRA SALT required for Maggi and Parmesan as they are already quite salty.

Bonne journée,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...