Friday, March 23, 2012

The Second Winter

I spoke too fast.  It will be Spring Break without the Spring in it.  We had 10 cm of snowfall yesterday and last night. 

«Put another log on the fire. Fix me up some bacon and some beans.»
Snowflakes are still gracing my window at work with their light-as-air dance while inside, I am envisioning sleeping in, breakfast in bed, sustained periods of reading, a silent walk in the cushioney white stuff.  I may even pull out my knitting needles and make this lovely little thing.

Mohair Bias Loop - Churchmouse Yarns and Teas
Lentil and sausage soup from the Barefoot Contessa?  Soupe à l'oignon? Hearty Hamburger Soup from the Best of Bridge?

How about a game of Scrabble?

Bon weekend!

Stella

1 comment:

Lizette said...

Enjoy your spring break. May it be a time of renewal. Your cubicle is fine here... I will keep an eye on it!

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...