Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mademoiselle Chambon



I just saw this movie based on the novel by Eric Holder.  Let me come clean: I already am in awe of main character Vincent Lindon's acting prowess,  but in this movie, he breaks my already melted heart.

A really good guy, loving father who kisses his son noisily every day when he picks him up from school.  A tender son who washes his elderly father's feet, scrubbing with a soapy glove between the toes.  As a husband, he is correct but no more.

Then he meets his son's teacher and Jean, the burly maçon shows us what a man in love looks like.  If you can, rent this movie, it is as moving as Mademoiselle Chambon's violin playing.

Barbara's moving Septembre closes the movie perfectly.  Sublime.

I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers...

Bonsoir, beaux rêves,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...