Sunday, March 18, 2012

Baby Goats and Lizards


 Our son T. who has been studying in Anguilla for the past 2 1/2 months has finally realized that he has to balance his life a little.  So on Fridays after school, he will be swimming in the country's crystal clear blue waters and maybe even encounter a turtle (his favorite pet since childhood).

When we spoke with him via Skype this evening, it was obvious that the demands of the program are gruelling but that T. has developed very good studying strategies.  He is systematic and almost obsessive about getting it right.

What made me happiest is that he talked about the great swim he had on the weekend and how he is going to do it regularly.  Not only that, he smiled when he told us that when the studying gets to be too much, he goes outside, catches a lizard, plays with it and then lets it go.

He also admitted to finding the baby goats that roam the island quite charming.  He may try to befriend one with gifts of food and fun.

T. has always been a great animal lover and I am delighted that he can indulge this other passion while he is there.

I am also relieved to hear that he is finally settled enough that he can take advantage of some of the island's offerings.

Check out this video of T. giving our cockatiel a neck massage.


I miss my boy.

Bonsoir, beaux rêves,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...