Friday, January 30, 2015

What is the best piece of advice you have ever gotten?

Peanuts, Charles M. Shulz

Many years ago as a step-mother, I was experiencing a lot of stress and anxiety.  Raising someone else's child all but four days a month over 10 years took its toll on me.

I sought help and found it in a supportive wonderful woman who helped me navigate the rough waters of blended families.

It took me a long time to learn the most precious lesson that has come back to help me in myriad ways:  "Let go."

That was the best piece of advice I've ever gotten, bar none.  It also happens to be the best piece of advice my mémère (French Canadian grand maman) gave my Mom many, many years ago.

I also value Maya Angelou's: "When people show you who they are, believe them."  It's probably up there in the ten best.

What is the best piece of advice you have ever gotten?

Bisous,

Stella

2 comments:

Lizette said...

That is a difficult question. Three pieces of advice from my mother come to mind.
1. Fake it 'til you make it.
2. What you permit, you promote.
and this next one I have told my teenagers, remember:
3. Necking is from the neck up.

Stella said...

Necking is from the neck up! I missed my chance to use this one Lizette! Ha!

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...