Saturday, January 10, 2015

Don't Look a Gift Cradle in the Mouth

Before...



 ...and after using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - Old White with clear and dark wax rubbed on...
 


Many years ago (I'm thinking about 15), I jumped at the opportunity to save this little baby from the dump.  It's been in the crawl space since then with intermissions where it's been on loan to a family welcoming a new baby.

It's coming out again, not for my grandchildren but for a friend's grandbaby sometime in June.  I've always wanted to refinish it and I was just in the mood for some hard work.  I've never worked with old white before and it's a hard color to apply dark wax to because everything shows a lot more than on the Old Ochre or the Versailles or Provence.

One day, I'm going to make some little fitted sheets for the foam mattress that fits inside, flannel for winter and some lovely flowered cotton for summer months...

Stella-Grandmother-in-Training

1 comment:

I want a baby so I can use your cradle! said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Nice work!!

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...