Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Coaching, Shopping and Madeleines

 
I've been supervising student teachers for now, my fifth week.  As my friend Danielle's dad is very sick and she has had to fly home to see him and  I now have her student teachers too, a total of seven (more than double) to see each week and evaluate at the end of their practicum.

The few extra dollars I'm making have prompted me to do a few things after work.

1. I went to fill up the car;
2. While there I had the car's outside cleaned, twice, because the first time was a bust;
3. Went to Michael's to buy:
  • Bernat Handicrafter cotton to make dishcloths over the year for our little Provençal home;
  • Wooden beads to make more necklaces (see yesterday's post);
  • Wrapping paper for Christmas.
4. Hopped along to HomeSense  just to see what I could see and wouldn't you know it, I found a few things I needed/coveted:
  • A Madeleine cookie mould;
  • New scented candles;
  • A sink mat;
  • A cute, cute Carly Dodsley serving plate - I couldn't resist it because we visited the Chateauneuf-du-pape region just a few weeks ago.
I then proceeded to make the Madeleine recipe on the mould's packaging and Voilà! Behold!
(There are only 8 because I burned the first batch because I set the timer but neglected to press "start", sheesh!) The burned ones taste good only they don't look so good,  y'know?  Will repeat the exercise although, I will need to exercise as this recipe requires 1/2 cup of butter!!

Stella-la-patissière

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...