Monday, November 24, 2014

A Little Craft


Via Of Dreams and Seams
Ever since I saw these on Pinterest, I knew that I would have to make them.  Finally, my son arrived from Chicago with the beads that I ordered.  I can probably get the beads in town here somewhere but couldn't locate them on the Internet so I did the next best thing.  Anyhow, they are one inch diameter wooden beads.

The silk is from one of my husband's old ties.  The project is a little labor intensive as you have to carefully take the tie apart. I will never see a tie and not think about the complicated construction again.
The tutorial to make these is here which is the way that  I have made it in the pictures above.  I like the knots that separate the beads... and it's less work! I have three more sets of beads to use and I'm going to try some cheap silk scarves I purchased from ebay next.

Crafty-Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...