Friday, October 5, 2012

Masterpiece Theatre: Wallander


I don't know if any of you have been watching the series Wallander on Masterpiece Theatre.  It is one of my favorite crime series.  Every year I look forward to a few more episodes in the fall.  This fall we had a measly three episodes although, they ARE two hours in length...

Kenneth Branagh plays a maverick detective with the Ystad police.  He is a loner, recently divorced, most of the time estranged from his daughter yet he has a huge heart capable of enormous compassion for those who suffer at the hands of criminals.

I like this series because it is gritty, set against the background of a mostly cool, grey Sweden. I fell in love with Swedish drama with the Millenium series although films by Ingmar Bergman starring Liv Ullmann and Max von Sydow had caught my attention long ago. Recently, As it is in Heaven moved me deeply...

You can read more about Wallander here and here.

In the new year, Masterpiece Theater will be coming back with the Crawley's in Downton Abbey.  Don't miss it!  If you have missed it, you have three months to catch up on the last two series.  You won't regret it.  This coming season, Shirley MacLaine plays Lady Cora Crawley's American mother.  I look forward to seeing Shirley and Maggie share the screen!


Just look at that (Maggie's) face!
Do you like Wallander and/or Downtown Abbey?

Bonne journée,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...