Thursday, February 16, 2012

Resilence


 Resilient: strong; able to recover quickly from injury, either mental or physical. Resilience: an ability to adapt to, recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change.

When I as a little girl, I overheard my oldest brother talking to my mother about me.  He said that I was resilient.  I remember looking it up in the dictionary, it seemed such a strange word.

This week although not over, has seen its share of set backs.  The worse kind, the kind that make you question your competence, your value as a person, your loveability, your looks, the color of your hair, etc.

I am happy to report that I am recuperating from the second set back, larger than the first which was delivered Monday.  This second one is like the aftershocks of an earthquake.  Already tender and cautious, it still caught me unaware.

I did the right things: self-talk, refusal to replay the event repetitively in my head and talk to the person concerned, no gossiping...  I am feeling righteous but still shaky.

If one is to believe the happiness curve, the best is yet to come.



In the meantime, chin up, tomorrow is another day!

Amitiés,

Stella

1 comment:

labergerebasque said...

Surround yourself only with those worthy of your existence.

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...