Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Canada Day!

I've been cooking.  Feel like it.  V. installed a large fan on the dining room table facing the kitchen.  Did I mention we have AC?  We are standing at 32 degrees centigrade today.  Nothing like what the people in Arizona are enduring lately. Prayers for the 19 firefighters who lost their lives...

The only summer fare on the menu is Barefoot Contessa's roasted vegetable and orzo salad which you can find here.  Other than that, I made a large pot of chili and two large Martha Stewart Classic Chicken Pot pies - recipe here.
My sister D. and her husband are returning from Europe and I'm going to see my great nephew this evening.  Will bring some grub for the homecoming.



I'm liking this retirement thing.

Industrious Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...