I didn't want one, really didn't... and they forced it on me. Now, I'm kinda glad, kinda scared about it. My friend Lizette says it's cause I'm not so good at receiving. I think she's right.
Checklist for attending one's own retirement party.
- outfit for warm weather
- outfit for cooler weather
- family members
- glass of wine before leaving the house
- short but inspiring speech
- my best singing voice for the sing along
- car and driver for the return trip
- all around good mood
I think I'm ready, am I missing something? Wish me luck.
Just in case you think it's tonight, NOT. It's a week from today!
I'm not nervous at all. What makes you think that?