We went to The Cavern in downtown Edmonton, situated about 5 blocks from where we work which is convenient because you get to walk off some of the calories you consume during lunch.
The Cavern is a wine and cheese bar kind of place. We had a cheese plate for two and dare I say, a glass of wine each...
Here's what our yummy plate looked like
|No the greatest picture, I was in a state of rapture... we had already started eating!|
- Serve blue cheese with a drizzle of honey
- Dried apricots as well as figs and dates are lovely with cheese
- Sour cherry jam is a fantastic compliment to Brie de Meaux
- Serve with baguette but also with a little nutty and/or fruity bread like this one
- Next time, take V. with me and make it my treat and have 2 glasses of wine!
They also serve charcuterie separately or on the same board as the cheese. This is also a brilliant idea for Sunday brunch. It helps if you can talk to your guests about the cheeses you offer so you may want to take a cheese course or go to this website for more information about the food of the gods.
Now, where can I buy ONE tile of slate?