Monday, November 12, 2012

Home Again

After a whirlwind four days in White Rock with my sister D. at my friend Mary's, I'm back!  Phew!  Do you know that feeling you have that you just might have imagined the whole thing?  This trip was packed with fun and good company and good eats.

We hit the ground running on Thursday when we landed later than scheduled.  Picked up our car and headed for Dancing Firs, dropped our bags, hugged Mary and headed for the grocery store.  Later, around a meal of wild salmon, asparagus and roasted baby potatoes with Mary's rosemary from the garden, we sipped on Chai du Grand Vaudasnière (my new favorite sparkling wine) and just heaved a giant sigh of relief.
Friday, D. and I headed out to Bellingham where we did some shopping and I purchased Etienne Aigner boots similar to the ones pictured below.  The trip to the US was an adventure in itself and after a delicious late waterside lunch we headed home.  In our minds, we thought we would have time to make a beer ham and have a quiet supper in our suite.  As it happened, we got lost on the way home and beer ham turned into Chinese food from Fong's Eatery in Surrey.

Saturday was our Reading Circle day around the book: Portrait of an Artist  on Georgia O'Keeffe, lunch and an art lesson with Lucan, a gentle, lovely artist who guided us through a two hour lesson using one of O'Keeffe's work as inspiration.
You get the general idea...
Sunday, D. and I headed to a fabric store to buy trims and ribbons and then, with Mary, our guide extraordinaire, we went for a car ride in Vancouver, my favorite part of every trip I take to White Rock.  This time, we visited, Southlands, Terra Breads and Granville Street where we stopped at Williams Sonoma and Eileen Fisher. Here are the Striped Rib Glovelettes in Merino wool that I didn't buy at Eileen Fisher.  If I want them, I'll just have to learn to knit with  size 1 needles! E.F. has the most gorgeous clothes.  The cuts and fabrics are superb.  If I could, I would have a closet full of Sympli and Eileen Fisher.
Eileen Fisher Striped Rib Glovelettes

After the car ride, we had quick dinner at our friend Debbie and Mark's new condo and headed home to repack and hit the hay early for an early departure this morning.

My cup runneth over.  I am inspired to:

1. read more biographies
2. knit with finer yarns
3. have another painting lesson
4. go back to W. R. in Febuary
5. work on my garden next spring
6. go out on more four-day artist's dates

I've unpacked, had a bath, put in some clothes to wash, had supper and with your permission, am now going to pass out!

Bonsoir,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...