Monday, November 5, 2012

Coco Chanel: The Legend and The Life

I'm so excited!

I will be starting a reading group at Wellington Garden Center in Edmonton!  It's such and inspiring place to meet and explore French style and culture.

We are having a first meeting on December 12th  from 7 to 9 pm at Wellington.  The book, as seen in the title of this blog looks really interesting and explores the life of this fashion icon. From the book description on Amazon:

The story of Chanel begins with an abandoned child, as lost as a girl in a dark fairy tale. Unveiling remarkable new details about Gabrielle Chanel’s early years in a convent orphanage and her flight into unconventional adulthood, Justine Picardie explores what lies beneath the glossy surface of a mythic fashion icon.
 If you live in the area of Edmonton, you may want to join in.  Books are available at Wellington at  13648 - 142 Street.  You can call them at (780) 455.2281 to sign up.  If you do not live in the area, why not read it anyway and comment on the post I will write after the circle!

Photos from: http://rose-gardendiary.blogspot.ca

I'm at a time in my life where I am fascinated with strong, talented women.  From  Emily Carr to Georgia O'Keeffe, I have learned so much about the strong talent and will that runs in these women who have given their lives over to their art.

So if you want to know more about Coco, please join us, in person or virtually,  to share your reading experience!

Bonsoir,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...