Sunday, September 23, 2012

Apple Time

Norland apple tree

Harcourt apple tree (big apples)
I went to pick some of the apples from one of our trees.  The apples are huge.  Hot summer + rain = monster apples.  Happily, I have found two recipes that really tempt.  The first is the apple cake in the Dorie Greenspan book I talked about two posts ago. The recipe calls for rum and only requires 3/4 cup of flour.  I am writing this as it bakes and it smells heavenly.

The other is sour cream apple pie found on the Posie gets Cozy site here. Cake today, apple pie next weekend.


Apple Cake from Around my French Table
Sour Cream apple Pie by Posie gets Cozy
Hey vegetable fairy, want some apples? 

À la prochaine,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...