Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lunch with Rose

I had lunch at Duchess today, what a treat!  The company, the food and the conversation were great! Rose and I share a love of French cooking, French history, French decor... When we get together, there is no shortage of things to talk about.

We shared a vegetable tartine comprised of ratatouille with fried eggplant and zucchini ribbons and finished off with a lemon meringue cake.  If you are ever in the area, you MUST go to Duchess.  Today, it was crazy busy but because Rose arrived early and nabbed a table, we were able to enjoy our lunch and conversation amongst the bustle of the busy Saturday va-et-vient. (coming and going)

Rose had a gift for me, a coffee table book that she knew I would love:

This book will keep me busy for several days and will hold a place of honor on the coffee table for months to come, beside the arrangement I made with the narcissus bulbs Rose also happened to give me.

AND, it also happened that the weather, instead of holding us captive at below 20 degrees Celsius, was 7 above today!  We walked to a florist shop to purchase moss to make a bed for the lovely bulbs and had such a great conversation with the florist that we got the moss for free!

I think that we were all ecstatic about the weather and it brought out the best in everyone.

Have a great rest-of-the-weekend!

Love,

Stella

3 comments:

D said...

What a lovely way to welcome spring! The arrangement looks fresh and full of promise.

Seven is Scary said...

Sunday was 19 c ... a very lovely warm late winter. Glad to hear about Rose.
x

Lizette said...

I have never been disappointed at Duchess. Such a lovely boulangerie!

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...