Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hot Turkey Sandwich and Greek Salad

Nothing says comfort like a hot turkey sandwich. As I was driving home from work, I planned dinner and it took very little time to prepare. I made a Greek salad to offset the plainness of the sandwich.

Does anyone else make Greek salad? It's a family favorite here and so healthy. I dress it with fresh lemon juice and olive oil like I remember it from Greece in 1980. My roommate and I were stranded on Crete for eight days because of a general strike. It was a relaxing, healthy time, all that sun and fresh food. I remember having rice pudding for breakfast. It's the best I've ever had.
Dinner wasn't bad for a Tuesday-after a long-weekend supper n'est-ce pas? Yesterday was Thanksgiving in Canada and I had a blissfully slow weekend.

My Greek Salad

1& 1/2 orange or yellow pepper cut in squares
Handful of pitted Kalamata olives
1& 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
1& 1/2 English cucumber cut in cubes
1/4 cup red onion chopped large
2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 -1 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
1/2 - 1 tsp. Oregano
Juice from one lemon(I use a reamer over the salad bowl)
About 1/4 cup olive oil

Bon appétit!

Bonsoir,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...