Monday, September 29, 2014

Something to Think About

I'm currently reading The Passion by Jeannette Winterson.  This colorful novel "intertwines the destinies of two remarkable people: Henri, a simple French soldier, who follows Napoleon from glory to Russian ruin; and Villanelle, the red-haired, web-footed daughter of a Venetian boatman, whose husband has gambled away her heart. In Venice’s compound of carnival, chance, and darkness, the pair meet their singular destiny."

It's a good sequel to reading the Sandra Gulland Josephine Trilogy and a good preparation for our upcoming trip to Venice. Reading novels set in a particular place is one of my favorite ways to prepare for travel.

I know that all there is is now, but how challenging to live mindfully even when retired and living in France!

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...