Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Friend C

A couple of years ago, I wrote about my friend C being as brave as the Amazon warriors of times past.  She has lived with cancer for the past eight years. 

She is not doing well.  The cancer has spread and is no longer controllable. 

48 years ago in September, I sat in grade one and noticed this pretty, tall, blond, slim girl in a knit sailor suit.  I remember her legs were long in their white knee highs.  She had a bow in her hair and large, soft brown eyes.  Her look was shy and timid. 

Her eyes and look haven't changed but there is an underlying fatigue of one who has been too long on the battlefield.

When we were 14 when Neil Diamond's Hot August Night album came out.  This song is for her.



Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...