Saturday, January 11, 2014

Monkey Mind Week

Image via

What a week I had teaching.  It's been 8 years since I taught a course at the University and I'm a little rusty.  Spent the week working morning till night brushing away the cobwebs and trying to make sense of the new technology to reach my students.

I teach two courses, one is an introduction to the world of teaching which is quite fun as I am part of a three-person team.  We have guests in and we visit schools and have seminars...

The other course is a planning methods course which is less stimulating and more effort for me as I have to plunge into various programs of study and rev up my knowledge on content which has lain dormant for some time.

I've had a few short nights as my monkey mind makes me toss and turn.

 “I am burdened with what the Buddhists call the monkey mind. The thoughts that swing from limb to limb, stopping only to scratch themselves, spit and howl. My mind swings wildly through time, touching on dozens of ideas a minute, unharnessed and undisciplined.”
                                                                                                                              ~Elizabeth Gilbert

Then, just this Thursday I saw this clip on the O Network and thought I should share as I know there are many of you afflicted with monkey mind.








Have a great weekend,

Stella

1 comment:

A plus student said...

You are a natural. A class by you can only mean one thing... Perfection!

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...