Monday, December 17, 2012

Two More Sleeps

The last week has been frenetic.  Yes, frenetic just about sums it up.

fre·net·ic

/frəˈnetik/Adjective

Fast and energetic in a rather wild and uncontrolled way: "a frenetic pace of activity".


Although the «uncontrolled» is not quite right.  I did have one foot on the ground. 

So here's the rub:  Why do people insist on adding Christmas activities at the last minute during the two weeks before the start of holidays?  Last week I had three social events in a row, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  Saturday found me completely out of commission, flat on my back, silent and recharging a dangerously low battery, what with going to work AND socializing and all.

Why didn't I say no?  Because in the first case, I was leading the activity, in the second, I was the first in a long list of invitees (not a good reason, I know)and in the third, I had already said no to said person the last time I was invited.

So, after spending Saturday in semi-comatose state, Sunday I was up and at it and had a lot of catching up to do.  We put up the tree and decorations, I still have to do the railings.  I did laundry, still have a load to fold, made supper and  knit on the scarf I want to offer my beautiful fantastic yoga teacher.

Still to do:
  1. Railings as aforementioned
  2. Tourtières with my sons
  3. Lee Valley Tools for some stocking stuffers
  4. A couple of Christmas cards for my colleagues
  5. Finish work on a necklace
  6. Put a few things away in T's room that has almost become a dumping ground
  7. Put wreath and garland on front door
  8. Get boys to wash cars
  9. Get boys to pick up fondue meat
  10. Get boys to buy Maman a great big gift for being such a pearl (well, it sounds like a good idea)
Talk to you later,

Bisous,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...