Monday, December 8, 2014

The Perfection of Morning

Tom Brown Fine Art
I love mornings, it's my favorite time of the day.  I love to lie in and wake up slowly, drink my latte, do some reading, think, roll over and think so more before I check emails and read a little of my favorite blogs.  That is, if I'm not working that day.

Often the lie-in leads to inspiration and what I'm going to do with my day if I don't already have a list of things to do.  No, that's not quite so, I always have a list of things to do but in the morning, I get to decide if I'm going to do something on the list or if I'm going to check off  something on the 'what I feel like doing' list.

It could be writing a post or checking out books to read or books to create from.  I love Kaari Meng's French General books.  All those red to coral tones in antique or antique inspired materials. What I love is her love of all things French and her fresh take on them. I have yet to sew my Esprit de Noël quilt, the time is approaching but not quite here.

I've asked my men to drag the 6 Christmas green Rubbermaid bins from the crawl space to begin decorating.  A glass of wine, my favorite Windham Hill A Winter Solstice soundtracks playing, the early evening darkness and wood fire are the perfect stage for decorating a tree.

Between now and then, I'll do a little housecleaning, a little laudry, roast eggplant, peppers, garlic and red onion for our favorite Orzo with Roasted Vegetables, a Barefoot Contessa favorite.  This salad can be eaten at any time of day for a satisfactory meal or snack.  If you are a 25 or 22 year-old, you can inhale it as a snack and thank your mother for making the effort to fill up your hollow legs.

I don't always give a shape to my day in the morning.  Occasionally, I just let it roll out and see what happens. That is the beauty of retirement.

Amen

Stella

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Divine! RB

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...