Sunday, June 3, 2012

26 Sleeps and Counting

The Moulin where we live
At this time of year, it becomes a little difficult to manage the long days to lift off to our marvellous little home in the south of France. I yearn for the sunshine (which has been intermittent here). I yearn for the days that are not defined by whether it's a working day or a weekend. I yearn to give full flight to my inner child, to my artist. I yearn to hear French spoken all day every day, to float on the pool while looking at the clear blue sky and the rocky shoulders of the river's edge.

 I think of the brocante and the market, the sea and the fields of vineyards, of visits to Aix and lunch with friends on an outdoor patio. I dream of finding the right piece for the bedroom, of painting the shutters a weathered blue-grey. I dream of opening the shutters to a bright morning sky, of breakfasting on the balcony while the stream rushes by, of puttering in the garden while it's still cool and of cocktail hour...rosé, saucisson and olives.

One of the 17 fountains of our village
But most of all, I yearn to live at the speed of life, to get back into sync with my beloved and to drink deeply from the fountain of joy.

Bon dimanche,


Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...