Monday, January 3, 2022

Deep Breath, 2022

 






Yesterday, my niece and her two boys came for brunch and we had the loveliest time talking about raising boys, my research on Ancestry and life in general.  That's when we spotted the rather large Pileated Woodpecker on our apple tree.  It's a 'she' a friend tells me because this one is not sporting the red moustache worn by males.

It seems that we are all in a holding pattern, waiting to exhale.  This evening, we will have our New Year's Eve meal which was cancelled because our host came into contact with someone who had come into contact with someone with... I am always up for a Raclette when it's -24C!

I've gotten ambitious and begun my first colorwork sweater called Fern and Feather by Jennifer Steingass.  I am pleased with the result so far but the rest of the body is almost all done in German Short Rows which although make the sweater have a fitted look, require concentration to the very end.  The project is in a short hiatus for the time being.

I've started on Christmas 2022 knitting with the 21 Color Scarf by Woolstock Fibres.  The endless switching of colors make this scarf knitting go faster than usual.  The rhythm of the needles and the feel of the yarn make time fly and calm my nerves.  Knitting as meditation.

Piles of books punctuate the decor in our house and a Simple Abundance Gratitude Journal is always by my bedside.  Every night I write down 5 things to be grateful for. Last night: My wool duvet, thick snow on the trees, sausage lentil soup in the Instant Pot, a text from our son and morning tea made and delivered to me every morning by V...

Lately I've added the Book Outlet to my list of gratitudes.  Free shipping with orders over 45$. I often find gems and enlist friends into buying with me.  It makes for a steady flow of entertainment.  I should add Netflix and Apple TV and Crave and HBO to the list...

I'm up for any book recommendations you might have for me!

Stay warm.





No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...