Thursday, May 24, 2018

Counting Blessings

In the last two weeks, I have won two things!  I enter draws whenever I can but I really do not often win something.  Winning two things in two weeks is amazing for me.  No, I did not win the house lottery in my town which could have been really amazing... but little winnings are really fun.  Getting something desirable for nothing is a joy.

The first is a prize from my LYS (local yarn store) when you bring a reusable bag for your purchases in store, you get to enter a draw.  I really wanted this prize for some Christmas knitting and lo and behold.



This is a kit by Blue Sky Fibers and I love it.  Would like to knit the toque kit too... Maybe next year for a lucky Christmas knit recipient.

In fact, I have started some Christmas knitting this week.  I knit for most people in my family who enjoy my knits and I also make gifts for my friends in France, babies...

This year, I have an Edmonton Oiler toque, two pairs of slippers made with the no-longer-sold Canadian Buffalo Yarn, hand warmers and two more toques to knit (one done).

My next won item is a cute decorative pillow I chose when my name was drawn for a door-prize last week.  I got first pick, and this is what I got

Did I mention my husband has been in Romania for the last 9 days?  It's like the universe is sending me "keep-your-chin-up" encouragements. 

I would be lying if I said I wasn't missing him but this time apart has been rich in time-alone, and reflection and gratitude for having Vlad in my life.  I miss him but my desire for him to have a great time visiting his cousins is greater.  It's a very good place to be.

In the meantime, flowers are planted, shirt-ironing is almost done and so is work until the very end of October when I am fully back in the saddle.

This and the marvelous hot May weather we are having is making my cup run over...

Cheers!





No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...