Thursday, July 7, 2016

Removing Wallpaper, a Meditation


Over the last week, I've been peeling wallpaper off the walls of our bedroom as preparation for the redecoration.  It is a long boring process but as long boring processes are, they are often meditative and calming.  I am enjoying myself, not unlike two summers ago when I painted the exterior of our house.

I am done with the red toile that has been providing a backdrop for sleeping, drinking coffee, reading...  Although the wallpaper is pristine, the bed linens and curtains are tired-looking and the decor no longer reflects who I am/we are. I didn't feel a thing when I ripped off the first piece.  A sure sign that the time had come.


No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...