Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Knittin' and a Bakin'





To say I've been busy is an understatement.  My boy is home from Chicago and will be with us until we drive back there with him to settle him into a new apartment and a new job.  He begins his residency on July 1st.

Christmas for French Canadians means tourtière and sugar pie.  I made sugar tartlettes with Ricardo's recipe and they are delicious.  I've written about my Mom's recipe for tourtière here.

Since my return from France, I've been bitten with the knitting bug... or is it the snow and below zero temperatures?  Anyhow, the project at the top is Jo Sharp's Shrug knit in Kidsilk Aura which is mohair and silk , after that, Churchmouse Yarns and Teas Alexandra's Airplane Scarf made with Kidsilk Haze which will take eons to knit.  I talked about it in my previous post and have gotten about 30% of it knitted. The last project is a pair of Toe up socks by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas and my first pair knit entirely by myself.  This pattern makes you knit a tube and later, when removing the provisional yarn you so cleverly placed previously, you make the heel... I'm going to knit the two tubes and deal with the two heels afterwards.

A housefull of men, a window seat full of yarn, countless books on my tablet, I am ready to take on winter.  Bring it on!

xo Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...