Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Lovin' and Learnin'


Dad:  You do well at school because you have a good teacher.
Daughter: No, I do well because I love my teacher.

After 6 weeks of almost weekly visits to my student teachers and 25 years of observing pre service and in service teachers, I have come to the unshakable conclusion that if you love/admire/respect your teacher, whether you are 6 or 66, you will learn better.  Granted, love is not required but respect is, at the very least...

Loving your teacher generally helps motivate you to learn, enjoy being in his/her presence and consequently being more apt to enjoy/want the learning.

My student teachers all worked hard this term not only on their lesson plans but on their relationships with their pupils.

They're gonna be all right.

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...