Friday, December 9, 2022

A Little Crochet

My sister is a crocheter, not me. My Mom and my other sister crocheted too but me, I'm not as drawn to this craft. Are you? The good news is, I have finally found a knitting/crocheting friend and we get together every couple of weeks to advance together in our stitching crafts and Kim is a very talented crocheter so... A couple of years ago, I learned to crochet a basket and I am proud to say that I made a cat basket for my grand kitty Mulan. Here she is in all her torty glory sitting in said basket. Said basket reposes on her Mom's work desk and there, she keeps her company most days. O says that Mulan makes her work-from-home days more bearable. She loves the basket as it is made from a wool roving from Woolen Custom Mills in Alberta.
Having gained a little confidence, I moved forward to crochet a cotton basket to hold yarn. I enjoy knitting baskets, they are pretty and functional. Now, I'd like to crochet purses.
Yes, my ambitions are quite lofty for a non crocheter but when in the presence of greatness, one cannot miss the opportunity! Thanks Kim!

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...