Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Bye Gord...



Last night, we lost one of our most beloved musicians.  Gordon Lightfoot was a poet, a musician, a composer. Born in Ontario Canada, he met his life's challenges with equanimity and grace.  He almost died a couple of times, was married three times and had countless ups and downs in between.

I grieve him today.  He has given me so much. The consolation is the gift of his numerous recordings of over 200 original songs.  The Last Time I saw her Face above, is one of my favorites.  It really showcases his talent for poetic language, his moving melodies and the wonderful vibrato in his voice.

Thanks for everything Gord, may you rest in peace.

Love,

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...