Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells on my face.  It all started months ago when a little crust formed on the left side of my nose where glasses sit.  This little, innocuous crust would form, I would scratch/rip it off and it would come back.  Time to talk to my doctor, I thought.  That was May.  In June, I saw the dermatologist and now, three appointments later, I've had a biopsy of the little white crust, liquid nitrogen shots to a few spots on my face and neck and two PDT treatments.  The biopsy showed a low-grade squamous cell carcinoma. Low grade means that we caught it on time. The PDT treatment was for the other little evidences of pre-cancerous cells on my forehead and nose. In late July, I will have surgery to dig down where I had the biopsy.

Just before finding out about the rogue cells on my face, I also found out I have cataracts.

Grateful to be alive and for all the services afforded me.

Happy 65th birthday to me!

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...