Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Cause and a Charity

Now that I am semi-retired, I have been reflecting on what cause to embrace and what charity to give my time/energy/talents to.

The cause is identified.  The David Suzuki Foundation website is a great start to foster my on-going concern about the quality of food available on our grocery store shelves.

I want to become more informed about what is in our food, it's effects on our health, locating better quality food and lobbying our governments for the right of every Canadian to easily access healthy food.

The charity is going to be serving breakfast on Thursday mornings between 8 and 9 in an inner city school in Edmonton.  A friend of mine is principal there and asked me last night for this gift of time and interaction with the children.

A cause and a charity that give back a whole lot if you ask me...

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...